Monday, August 30, 2010

Emmy's Red Carpet Rundown

Last night was the Emmy's! And I unfortunately did not watch much of it, Mad Men, Big Brother, True Blood....if the SHOWS are ON why would I watch clips of them? Congrats to Mad Men by the way but let's get serious. The outfits...a sight to see..and I shall indulge you of what I thought this year:

Lea Michele! Gorgeous Oscar De LaRenta Navy Gown! It was sexy, sophisticated, and whimsical all at the same time
Jane Lynch: Hated the colors hated the shape. Top was good. Bottom was a trash bag.
Edie Falco: Not flattering at all. If the dress was just a little more shapely,she would have looked DIVINE.
January Jones: OK. Some people thought that she was really stepping it up here, being edgy with this dress....no. I'm sorry, I just didn't see it, I couldn't find the "fashion forwardness" of this dress, anywhere. Perhaps it was the material, but I thought it made her look like a peacock drenched in blueberries.
Claire Danes: APPROVE!! Her slim figure screamed out in this dress and the glamour was just off the charts..my favorite dress of the night.
Kim Kardashian: Oh you greek goddess you! I don't think Kim K even KNOWS how to not dress well, so looking this good obviously wasn't too hard for her.
Eva Longoria Parker: Amazing! The rosettes are so chic, the silohuette just hugs her so perfectly, I love everything about this dress.
Tina Fey: Girl, you let me down. I'm not a fan of this it reminds me of sheer black and white underneath circa 1999.
Kate Gosselin: OK, a. where the hell are your children?!?! b. Somebody get me some smelling salts, I just passed out from Boredom.
Rutina Wesley: Yo tara!!! did you just wrap an Escher painting around you? It's weird to see True Blood's sassiest bartender off the braids and on the red carpet. The slit's too high, the hair's too big.
Sarah Hyland from Modern Family: I have watched this show only once (enjoyed it thoroughly) but that shouldn't change the fact that Sarah wore this dress to perfection! great job!
Angela Kinsey: Who'da thought that Angela from the Office could pull off some serious glamour!!! Amazing dress, loved the lace.
Stephanie Pratt: I don't know (really don't care) who you are, but what I do know is, you're at the Emmy's, therefore, you look like a whore. Someone get her PA and find the rest of that dress!
Christina Hendricks: I'm unsure about this Zac Posen dress, although I think the top is absolutely gorgeous! The bottom however, once those [feathers??] reach the bottom, it starts to look a little mangy. But her hair and those tatas were her saving grace.
Heidi Klum: Now THIS is a woman who can pull off an edgy mini. This Marchesa piece is FIERCE, but those shoes look like shards of glass!
Anna Paquin: I hate to say this because speaking so ill of the deceased can come back to haunt you, but this Alexander McQueen is god awful and I would suck the life out of Ms. Sookie Stackhouse TOO if she ever came round here wearin that mess.
Emily Blunt: Yawn, it washes her out, this color should be left for women of a dark tint perhaps. The jewels on the dress however are stunning.
Juliana Margulies: This "Good Wife" was having a "Bad Day" in the dress category.Bizarre. Just didn't like it.
Kelly Osbourne: She surprised me here! I thought the dress was fun and sexy and she wore it well! She also looks great and that hair is such an accomplishment from her pink hair'd chubby days.
Diana Agron: Probably one of the prettiest girls on TV she fails here with this Scarlett O'Hara like Carolina Herrera. It reminds me of corsets and there's just too much lace and crap going on, it's like she's trapped in a cage!
Elizabeth Moss: You GO Peggy!!! While having an AWESOME episode last night, along with a win for the show, she looked STUNNING in this one shoulder piece
Sophia Vergara: Her figure is really what made this dress. Otherwise, I think the jeweling and embellishments are off and so is the color. Good thing she's just so damn gorgeous.
Jayma Matys: She's adorably sprite in this navy Burberry gown! I love the ruching I love the fringe (for lack of a better term) and I love her hair and jewelry! What a transformation!
Kathy Griffin: I don't know WHAT was going on down at the bottom of her dress but I MUST say that she ROCKED it!
Lauren Graham: Mistake. Utter. Mistake.
Toni Collette: No NO NO! The bottom looks like she fell into a marsh.
Cheryl Hines: My favorite wife looked absolutely fabulous in this one shouldered piece.
Julia Louise Dreyfuss: Show's been cancelled, and apparently so has the middle of her dress. The sheer ruined it for me, gotta say.
Jenna Fischer: I loved this dress! It was so sexy on her, what a great color, and the geometric embellishments really made it a fun and elegant dress at the same time.
Jennifer Carpenter: I think Dexter got to this dress because it belongs in a body bag.
Mindy Kaling: She's a comedy writer...so I hope this too was a joke she wrote.
Jewel: Nice to see you back! And not selling out! Great dress, great look.
Padma Lakshmi: Congrats on your win but a shame on your dress! The neck is awful, that's all I can say.
and Last but not Least:

Betty WHITE: You go girl in that sexy ass two piece with the color fading! As long as she can still attend these things, I feel obligated to award her best dressed for the evening. ESPECIALLY if she dressed herself.


There were just SO many beautiful people out in LA tonight! I couldn't get through them all but at least the good outweighed the bad AND the ugly!

No comments:

Post a Comment